Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Glow Recipe: Glass Skin Edit

On the Glow Recipe website they say 'Skincare should be fun' (Glow Recipe) and as a brand, Glow Recipe certainly represent that. The colourful packaging and fruit themed products with adventurous textures does make the brand different from all of the skincare that takes itself way too seriously. However don't be fooled by the fun aspect of the brand, there is science behind it. 

Most of the active ingredients in skincare can be found in fruit and quite often that is where it is sourced therefore it only makes sense to base a brand on the ingredients themselves and their origin. Also it does make it a little bit more customer friendly. 

Personally I love that brands have taken a more scientific approach to selling skincare and would rather educate then leave the purchaser in the dark about what they are buying but some people want it to be more simple and that is what Glow Recipe are giving you. I find the brand really intriguing and I am always looking to see what is new from the brand. 

Glass Skin Set

A few months ago a couple of sets from Glow Recipe appeared on Cult Beauty and I liked the look of them, however the products in the Glass Skin Set were perfect for me. Not only did it have the Watermelon Sleeping Mask which I already knew I liked (just didn't love) but it also contained the Watermelon Glow Pink Juice Moisturiser which I have been dying to try in order to compare the two products and also the Pineapple-C Bright Serum

I have been considering buying these products individually but the Glow Recipe sets quite often offer a discount that makes you question why you wouldn't buy it. With this particular set, the Sleeping Mask on its own costs £20.50, the moistuiser is £19.50 and the Pineapple serum is just a sample but still the total cost to buy the two products would have been £40 but the set only cost £31 which is a £9 saving, a saving that I wanted. I have just finished two of the products and I am still working my way through one but I have given them enough time that I now have my full thoughts on each of the products. 

Watermelon Glow Pink Juice Mosituriser

To be honest the Watermelon Glow Pink Juice Moisturiser was the main reason I purchased this set. It has been on my Beauty Wishlist since the start of the year and when I saw this set, I thought it would be a great opportunity to try it along with some of the other products from the brand. 

The Pink Juice Moisturiser is a lighter, more daytime appropriate version of the Sleeping Mask and after using it for a couple of months, I really enjoyed it. In fact I think I prefer it to the Sleeping Mask. As this is lighter, it sinks in so quickly but leaves your skin looking healthy and glowy. One pump of this moisturiser was enough to apply it to your entire face.

This is a gel based moistuiser that borders on having the sticky jelly-like texture of the Sleeping Mask but thankfully just holds itself back and it is a lighter version. It also makes it really cooling which I always think is great for the morning as I apply my skincare post-shower. As this is not sticky like the Sleeping Mask, this sinks in really quickly and it doesn't leave any product on your skin, it completely goes, leaving in its wake the perfect canvas for makeup. This moisturiser just gives your skin the most generous boost of hydration and your skin thanks you for it by shining bright under your makeup. 

This does of course have that incredible watermelon smell that made the Sleeping Mask so popular in the first place. Much like the texture, I do think this scent is slightly lighter in this moisturiser but once again that is quite nice for the morning. This moisturiser on top of a Vitamin C is game changing for glowing skin. 

Even though I really like this moisturiser, it is very light so if you like a rich cream that is going to truly take care of dry patches, this isn't the one. Personally I like something lighter for the morning and something richer for the evening so this is perfect for me but if you suffer with dry skin, this might not be enough for you. However this is great for oily skin as it is going to hydrate without exaggerating any oily patches. 

I would 100% buy the full size version of this to use in the morning, not many light moisturisers impress me as much as this one has, usually I like something richer but this is a beautiful product that truly make my skin glow. 

Pineapple-C Bright Serum

2020 has been the year of Vitamin C for me. Prior to this year I never really used Vitamin C in my skincare routine but this year I have tried multiple different Vitamin C based serums. The Ole Henriksen Truth Serum remains one of my favourites, it is citrus based so I was intrigued to try this Glow Recipe Vitamin C as it Pineapple based. 

Vitamin C is used in a lot of skincare in order to exfoliate and brighten the skin, it also helps with hyper-pigmentation and dark spots. I have acne scars which have been reduced thanks to the introduction of Vitamin C. Despite having a 22% Vitamin C acid, this is quite gentle and did not tingle at all when I applied it to my skin. Sometimes when you use a Vitamin C that is too strong it will sting a little bit but that did not happen at all with this Pineapple serum. 

I only had a tiny sample size but the dropper was actually great as it picked up just the right amount of product for me to use in one application. I would drop this on the back of my hand and then apply it to each part of my face. This serum spreads really well and was actually quite thin compared to the Ole Henriksen Truth Serum but not in a bad way, it just meant that it sunk in quickly and was not tacky at all. The Truth Serum is a little bit tacky whereas this Pineapple Serum is not. 

This is a Pineapple product and like the Watermelon products from Glow Recipe it does smell strongly of the fruit it is based on. Personally I love this smell, it does smell slightly artificial, sort of like the Pineapple juice boxes I used to get whenever my family and I went on a picnic. I like this but I understand that it is more dividing than the Watermelon scent. 

After I had used this entire sample size, my skin did look brighter and I did see a reduction in inflammation within my skin. I actually liked this just as much as I like the Truth Serum from Ole Henriksen which I did not expect as I truly love the Truth Serum. The combination of using the Pineapple serum and the Pink Juice Moisturiser gave my skin a glow that it has never naturally had before and I am here for it. At £46 this is expensive but it is a similar price to the Truth Serum from Ole Henriksen so it is in line with other Vitamin C serums. 

Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask

The Watermelon Sleeping Mask was the product which put Glow Recipe on the map, there was a time when everyone spoke about this mask online and for the most part it was just because this product smells so good. I've never smelt a product which has such a strong/true Watermelon scent. However this product is much more than its incredible scent. 

Prior to having this set, I had already tried the Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask as it was part of the Glow Baby Glow Set I purchased towards the end of the last year. I was grateful to have this moisturiser for the warmer Summer months as this is such a refreshing and cool mask to use before bed. I appreciate that this is called a mask but really this is a moisturiser, or at least that is how I used it. 

With the original set I purchased I got a little scoop with it which is actually quite important for this product as it is hard to get out of the pot otherwise. The texture of this mask is like nothing else I have tried. This almost has the texture of a melted jelly so it is sort of tacky and difficult to grip which makes the scoop important. As it has this texture it does mean that it leaves a film on your skin and doesn't fully sink in which isn't so much of an issue as it is an evening product but it is something to be aware of if you do not like that sort of feeling. 

When I apply this product to my face I absolutely pile it on because it is so cooling and it feels so good on your face in the evening. It feels like a form of self-care as it is so refreshing and calming on your skin. However as well as having that initial cooling sensation, this does contain AHAs which help to exfoliate your skin throughout the night in a gentle manner so you wake up to glowing skin and it does genuinely work, especially after sustained use. Not only do you wake up with a fresh glow but also your skin feels softer which is also a bonus. 

Out of all of the products I have used from Glow Recipe, this is the only one that I have used and didn't feel crazy about. Yes it is a nice product but it didn't provide mind blowing results. I felt I could see more from the other two products I used in this set and previously I preferred the Avocado Melt Mask compared to this Watermelon Sleeping Mask. I do enjoy using this product but I would never buy the full size. If it comes in a set I like the look of then I don't mind using it but I think there are better evening moisturisers and to be honest, this isn't a mask. 


This set is old now so you can no longer purchase it on Cult Beauty but their Christmas sets have just launched and as always they have some really good sets which are worth checking out. They have a good variety of price ranges and a good mix of products. The Glow Recipe sets are a reasonable price and you do get bit of a discount when you buy the sets which also makes them a great gift to yourself. I know I've got my eye on the Glow Together with Watermelon Set for myself. 

Glow Recipe have been launching products non-stop this year so they are definitely a brand you want to keep your eye on. Their fruit based products always seem to sell out and typically smell amazing. 


You might also like:

October Faves
October Empties
S&G Balm
Head to Toe Set
MAC x Sam & Nic


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar