Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Revolution Matte Base Concealer

Talk About Us by Kofi Stone, Ady Suleiman

There are many assumptions that fly around about makeup, like the thought that - it's expensive and it's time-consuming. I'm not sure if you've heard such off-the-wall theories before but, whilst there's no smoke without fire (looks at Chanel lipsticks) if there's a product that can squash such miseducation, it will be this one.  

I know not everyone likes makeup *gasps*, and not everyone is so invested in trying to find their soulmate in red lipstick form - hey, we all have our life purpose right? Perhaps I was destined to tell you about a product - like this one - which in turn might change your perceptions about life in general (be careful I can have that effect). Especially, if you happen to believe in such myths as the aforementioned - prepare to be disproven *throws gauntlet*.  

Revolution Matte Base Concealer looks like many other matte-based concealers but, it stands out for two big reasons; number one - it's cheap, and number two - you can probably find it in a shade that matches your skin perfectly. Why say this? because it happened to me. 

Call it intuition, divine guidance or a long-overdue reward for my early Saturn return (thanks fate) but, C.13.5 is a perfect shade match for my skin so much so that maybe 400 years ago, I might've been done in for the crime of witchcraft. Yet, even by today's standards, this concealer has many "magical" benefits, like vanishing away blemishes, concealing undereye darkness, and even being able to be used as a foundation itself - all at a price of £3! *faints*

C.13.5 for dark skin with warm/golden undertones 

Initially, I bought it to just make my basket eligible for free shipping but little did my conscious mind realise that I would be stumbling upon a gem. Not only does this concealer perfectly wipe away sleepless nights and naughty self-induced blemishes (I know it's a big mistake to squeeze spots) to a miraculous level, where even I am shocked to see my face when I wash it off but, it does it so seamlessly, and easily that I do feel kinda foolish with all the brushes and foundations I've amassed. To put it simply, this concealer is brilliant ...

... but, it's not entirely perfect (what is?). Whilst I'm lazy smart enough to use this concealer as my main foundation, I have to ensure it's properly blended around my jawline, or else I look well ... foolish. Whilst I'm mighty fine playing a fool, looking like one is a stretch for anyone's ego (even a fool's). So, I make sure to blend it down to my neck if it's the only shade I've used and then lastly spritzing with this - the result is below. 


Using a concealer as the main base can sometimes create a heavy look since it is a highly pigmented product. To prevent this cake-face look, I opt to use a face mist to really blend the shade into my skin - to the point at which it is my skin, and no one - I repeat no one but, my creator and my night-time mirror can tell me different. For the rest of the world, I'm afraid you'll just have to take it at face value that I am indeed born this way ... Don't worry,  I'll wait for you to combust in flames of envy *Tell Me Lies by Deorro ft. Lesley Roy*

Still Alive? Good, because if you have £3 rattling around - you too can work your own magic because that's really what this product is. It feels light on the skin, it's very smooth, it doesn't drag under my eyes, it wears nicely (does transfer on masks) and although it has no skincare benefits its feels nourishing (perhaps for the eyes)

So no, you don't have to sell your magic beans to get a flawless base, and no,  it doesn't take too long either. So lazy people of the world, we (I mean) you have no excuse. Somedays I use this as my foundation + concealer, other times only on blemishes I wish weren't there (recently one on my nose) and of course the "traditional" intended purpose - as an undereye concealer. Alright, my good deed of the year has been completed, and I can hang up my cape.


Have you tried Revolution concealers?
What are your thoughts?

Your comments are always and appreciated!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar